The purpose of the LUpus Patients Understanding & Support websites is to provide FREE information about lupus, lupus variant conditions and Hughes' (the antiphospholipid) Syndrome, which are all connective tissue diseases at
1. All articles and messages that appear on the L U P U S websites are provided for general information purposes only. They do not represent individual medical advice, counselling concerning individual treatments or medical care, referrals to healthcare professionals or any other recommendations. You should not rely on any information on these pages to replace consultations with your doctor and other qualified healthcare professionals regarding your individual health needs.
L U P U S makes no representation that the information and materials are appropriate for available outside the United Kingdom. Access to L U P U S requires compliance with laws governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the United Kingdom, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws.
2. The L U P U S websites make every effort to provide accurate and up-to-date information. However, the L U P U S websites exclude any warranty, whether express or implied, for any information provided and cannot be held responsible for any action that is based on the information contained in this L U P U S website. The webmaster reserves the right to update, change, modify, delete any information or content appearing on this website. The webmaster may, at any time, revise any or all aspects of the L U P U S websites without prior notification.
3. Except where otherwise noted, all information on the L U P U S Web Site is based on the book, "Understanding Lupus", by Dr Graham Hughes, who is Head of the Lupus Research Unit at St Thomas' Hospital, London and a leading Consultant Rheumatologist of international repute (see Additional Information).
4. As the information is based on "Understanding Lupus", the information on the L U P U S websites are subject to copyright laws and owned by the entities and individuals other than the L U P U S websites. Permission to otherwise reprint or electronically reproduce the information contained on the L U P U S websites in whole or in part is expressly prohibited, unless prior written consent is obtained from the owner.
5. Where there is other third party information, wherever possible, such information will be marked with the name of the source and does not necessarily represent the opinion of the L U P U S websites and does not take any responsibility for such third party information. You are free to download the information from LUpus Patients Understanding & Support
(L U P U S) only for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the original materials on any copies of the materials. You may not modify the materials from L U P U S in any way, or reproduce or display publically, perform, distribute or otherwise use them for any public or commercial purposes. The use of these materials on any other website or computer network for any purpose is prohibited. The materials on the
L U P U S websites are subject to copyright; any unauthorised use of these materials may violate the copyright, trademark or other laws and will result in a breach of the Terms of Agreement as set out by the L U P U S websites which means termination of registration and the deletion of any downloaded papers or destruction of hard copies.
6. The L U P U S websites also contains links to other Internet sites. The L U P U S websites do not have any knowledge of the information contained in those sites, nor has the L U P U S websites been able to include such other sites in its efforts to provide accurate information. The L U P U S websites do not take any responsibility whatsoever for such third party information. The information provided are "as is" without any warranties of any kind including warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement of intellectual property. Further, L U P U S or its webmaster, will in no event be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, those resulting from lost profits, lost data or business interruption) arising out of the use, inability to use, or the results of use with L U P U S, any websites linked to L U P U S, or the materials or information contained at any or all such sites, whether based on warranty, contract, tort or any other legal theory and whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages. If you use the information from L U P U S results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of equipment or data, you assume all costs thereof. The L U P U S websites disclaim all responsibility and liability for any damage caused by computer viruses. Applicable law may not allow exclusiom or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above exclusion or limitation may not apply to you. In accordance with the Digital Millenium Copyright Act (17 USC ¤ 512), any notifications of claimed copyright infringement must be sent to the Service Provider's designated agent.
7. The L U P U S websites are not responsible for the contents of emails between participants who view and read the L U P U S websites and cannot be held responsible for any action or consequence resulting from the exchange of such email between the Webmaster and any participant/reader of the L U P U S websites.